Brighten Your Future!
The Family Resource Network has been supporting individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and their families since 1970. We are a statewide agency currently seeking candidates for our Direct Support Professional opportunities. The Direct Support Professional is perhaps the most important role in our organization; these caring, creative and energetic employees make it possible for those in need to be active in their communities, take a class, volunteer or do whatever is important to them to reach their full potential. The Family Resource Network strives to provide a personalized experience for each individual we serve and our Direct Support Professionals make that happen each day.
Some responsibilities may include:
- Assistance with daily activities
- Accompanying an individual in the community
- Providing transportation to work, class or other activities
- Sharing a common interest
You may ask…would I be a good Direct Support Professional?
If you believe that each person deserves a full and meaningful life;
If you are caring, understanding, encouraging and supportive;
If you are willing to be a caregiver, mentor, confidant and friend;
If you are ready to experience a work that is truly rewarding;
We want to talk with you!
- High school diploma or GED; must be 18 years of age
- Successful clearance of criminal history background and reference checks
- Willingness to complete paid trainings to obtain and maintain certifications.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing (driver’s abstract will be obtained)
- Car registration and vehicle insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services
- Prior experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred